There seems to be an epidemic of plague running through the
Cantabile Band. I hope everybody recovers soon.
- Van Eyck recorder solos related to Elizabethan tunes:
- Pavaene Lachrimae
- Charlton Christmas duets
- DeLoach Christmas duets
- Chedeville Christmas duets
- Praetorius Christmas duets
- Goldstein Christmas duets
The meetings, rehearsals and the party are at my place. The
meetings and rehearsals start at 7:45 PM.
- Tuesday, December 9, regular meeting
- Saturday, December 13, 4 PM, Christmas party
- Tuesday, December 16, regular meeting
- Tuesday, December 23, no meeting.
- Tuesday, December 30, regular meeting, unless we end up with
a New Year’s Eve gig, in which case this will be a rehearsal for
- Tuesday, January 6 — Tuesday, February 27, rehearsals for
March 1 concert, limited to and compulsary for performers in
- Sunday, March 1, 3 PM, Concert at Loring-Greenough House in
Jamaica Plain. Please come and bring all your friends and
relations. It’s a beautiful 18th century house, and in addition
to the music there will be an elegant
tea reception following the concert.
I have asked for “consideration” for parking for the party, so
don’t worry about parking in permit only areas on Broadway,
Windsor, and Clark Streets. I haven’t done this in the past, but
we’ve usually had it on a Sunday, when the permit only parking
restrictions don’t apply, and I have the impression they may have
stepped up Saturday enforcement recently.
There will be a vegetarian and a carnivorous main course; side
dishes, appetizers, and deserts are welcome.
Please invite anyone you think would enjoy the party.